Progress Your Understanding Of The Body
Really Know Your Stuff
- Learn the muscles, bones, and ligaments of the body DEEPLY
- Understand pain and the nervous system
- Learn ingenious modifications on the Reformer and Mat to progress your clients
- Learn how to build strength, flexibility and control in an injured body part
- Get super-clear on what’s happening inside the body, and what to do for common presentations like disc herniation, arthritis, stenosis, joint replacement, abdominal separation, shoulder impingement and many more.
You’ll learn the most current, science-based understanding of how to work with clients with pain, injury and medical conditions. Don’t settle for a course based on outdated science from 20 years ago. We update our course constantly so it’s always current.
When you’re finished, you’ll hold an advanced, internationally recognised qualification that comes with an 96.8% chance of a job or further study on completion.
A Serious, In-Depth Course For People Who Want To Fully Understand
- Weekly live lecture, tutorial and masterclasses all included
- Take a full year to cover every topic in-depth, no rushing to “fit it in”
- Learn in small-group, live interaction with your tutors so you can ask questions
- Lots of practice and case-studies to build skills, not just theory!
- Contextualised to Matwork & Reformer
What are recent graduates saying about the program?
10 Ways You’ll Become A Better Instructor In The Diploma
- You’ll gain in-depth understanding of anatomy and biomechanics
- Learn current pain science and biopsychosocial care
- How to effectively cue your clients based on the latest motor learning research, both on and offline
- A myriad of clever ways to use the Mat, Reformer and household items to progress your clients
- Understand pathology; what can go wrong with the body
- How to confidently communicate with clients and health professionals
- How to read scan reports and understand diagnoses
- Medical conditions and special populations including cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis, scoliosis, abdominal separation, pre and post-natal, older adults, joint replacement and more
- And most importantly, WHAT TO DO for people who have pain, injury or managed medical conditions
- You won’t learn a recipe, you’ll learn how to apply sound reasoning based on current guidelines
Recognised by Academia, Industry & Government
10903NAT Diploma of Clinical Pilates is the world’s only government accredited Clinical Pilates course, and sits within the Australian Qualifications Framework alongside school and university qualifications.
That means your qualification is recognised pretty much everywhere, and you’ll have no problem getting insurance or working anywhere around the world (obviously assuming you have the legal right to work in a particular country!).
High-Touch Transformational Learning
From the day you enrol you will be surrounded by a strong and active support network. You’ll interact daily with your trainers and classmates on Slack, and your Student Success coach will reach out to you and help you get oriented.
Every step of the way you’ll be supported and guided by caring, expert humans, all in real time.
Our mission is to help you transform yourself into a fearless and scientifically literate movement teacher.
Optimised For Online
Because this course is only available online, we’ve been able to optimise the course structure.
You’ll learn a little bit each day of the week, with frequent check-ins with your trainers and classmates to keep you on track.
Really Understand Anatomy – Easily
You won’t learn long lists of anatomical terms or physiology.
Instead you’ll learn to make an accurate picture in your mind, of what is happening inside the body, and to use that picture to understand how to help your client.
This course is about practical skills, not textbook memorisation.
The World’s Most Up-To-Date Pilates Training
You will learn current guideline-based care, based on the most recent accepted science.
Everything you’ll learn is backed by current clinical guidelines, and recent systematic reviews.
In the process you’ll have to unlearn many of the myths that surround Pilates, which have not stood up to scrutiny over the last 20 years.
This will be truly a mind-opening, exciting learning journey for you; all based on current, up-to-date science.
Articulate To A Degree In Exercise Science
The Diploma of Clinical Pilates articulates to 60 Credit Points of advanced standing in the Bachelor of Sports And Exercise Science at Charles Darwin University.
That means you can complete your Bachelor’s degree sooner!
Our 100% Money Back Guarantee
We’re so confident this program will change your life and your teaching, we guarantee it.
If after completing all the program requirements for at least one module of the Diploma, you are not completely satisfied we will give you 100% of your money back.
Completing the program requirements means, each week for the entire module:
- Submit a 2-minute story time video and 50 word reflection
- Attend 90-minute lecture (or watch the recording)
- Attend 90-minute tutorial OR 60-minute workshop session (or watch the recording)
- Attend 2x 60-minute review sessions (or watch the recording)
- Attend and contribute to 2x 60-minute study groups
- Complete all coursework (approximately 2 hours)
- Complete all practical assessments (3 per module)
- Total 10-12 hours per week
If you do all these things each week, you WILL succeed. We guarantee it. If you don’t feel satisfied at the end of the module we’ll give you 100% of your money back for the entire course.
Full details of the guarantee are in our Terms and Conditions of Service
Stop Feeling Like A Fraud
You’ve been teaching Pilates for a while and you’re comfortable teaching a group. Your classes are popular and you really look like you know what you’re doing.
But on the inside sometimes you feel like a fraud.
Like when a client asks you about their sore shoulder – you know how to give them a different exercise but you don’t really know what’s going on inside there. You want to know what’s going on with their body so you can help them, rather than just giving them something else to do.
That is EXACTLY what you’ll learn in the Diploma of Clinical Pilates.
Students Share Their Experiences Of The Diploma
Here’s Why Our Diploma Graduates Are in High Demand Around The World
“I’ve been teaching yoga for 10 years and completed a Bachelor in Health Science. NOTHING has come close to the practical information given in this course”Dr. Natasha FoxMelbourne
“The Diploma changed my experience of Pilates teaching”Cat WebbStudio owner, Good Times Pilates
“This course has given me more confidence and freedom as an instructor than I ever had before”Tahlia WareOne Hot Yoga, Melbourne
“Everything about the way I teach has been completely revolutionised”Alana MuellerOwner, Inner Balance Pilates Studio
“l got the most out of this course that l have ever gotten out of any course”Leanne ChapmanYoga On The Go
“The most valuable thing I got from the course is I am now able to think biomechanically and anatomically”Neil GormanTransit Dance
Want To Know More?
Make Time To Talk With One of Our Pilates Trainers
The next intake for Breathe Education’s Diploma in Clinical Pilates is open NOW. We have limited places for this in-depth, world-leading course.
For a limited time, you can get a free 20-minute Discovery Call with one of our Pilates Trainers. On the call we’ll review your individual needs, situation and career goals with you. We only want you to enrol if this course is an exact fit for your goals.
This is not a high-pressure sales call – you’ll be talking with a Pilates instructor.
We’ll answer all your questions and find out if the course is going to be a perfect fit for you.
If YOU have the same burning passion to help people through Pilates, to be the best you can be, and if you’re ready to massively expand your skills and your understanding of the body, make a time to talk with us.
Make A Time To Talk With Us Now
Study all 3 Modules to receive the
full Diploma of Clinical Pilates.
You can complete the modules in any order!
Payment Options Available
Starting as low as $250 per 28 days *
* Ask our Pilates Career Coach for more information
Clinical Pilates Modules
You can enrol into a single Clinical Pilates module.
Your records are on file if you decide to
come back and complete the full Diploma.
Payment Options Available
Starting at $650 AUD per 28 days
11 January – 26 April 2022
- Physical activity guidelines
- Tissue healing
- Why things hurt
- Contextual effects, placebo, nocebo
- Applying critical thinking to rehabilitation
- National guidelines for acute and chronic pain
- Strength programming
- Flexibility programming
- Load management
- Motivational interviewing and behaviour change
- Stress management
10 May – 16 August 2022
- Spine Anatomy & biomechanics
- Nerve root and radiculopathy
- Disc bulge, pars fracture, spondylolisthesis
- Spine assessment
- Spine exercises and stretches
- Neck anatomy & biomechanics
- Wry neck
- Radiculopathy, disc bulge & stenosis
- Neck assessment & clinical guidelines
- Neck exercises and stretches
- Shoulder Anatomy & biomechanics
- Rotator cuff related shoulder pain
- Frozen shoulder, dislocation, neck-related shoulder pain
- Postsurgical shoulder rehabilitation
- Shoulder assessment
Lower Extremity &
29 August – 5 December 2022
- Hip anatomy & biomechanics
- FAI, hip bursitis, greater trochanteric pain syndrome
- Hip joint shape, squat stance, and depth
- Hip exercises and stretches
- Postsurgical hip rehabilitation
- Knee anatomy & biomechanics
- Postsurgical ACL rehabilitation
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome, meniscal tear
- Knee assessment
- Postnatal, diastasis and pelvic organ prolapse
- Joint replacement
No Hidden Fees
The Cost is the Cost
Pay Over Time with
Flexible Payment Options
Progress Your Understanding Of The Body To A Whole New Level
This is a comprehensive, science-based course that will give you a deeper knowledge of the human body.
You won’t learn to memorise a list or a recipe. You’ll learn to reason and think things through based on a sound knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics, pathology and pain science.
Breathe Diploma of Clinical Pilates 10771NAT
If you want to take your passion for Pilates and turn it into a rewarding career where you can help people and make a real difference in their lives, you have come to the right place. A Clinical Pilates course will make you stand out as a competent practitioner. Students who participate in Clinical Pilates courses are equipped with a sound knowledge of health and fitness that goes far beyond the level of an ordinary Pilates instructor.
Clinical Pilates Courses
Breathe Education is a leading provider of Clinical Pilates courses and Pilates Reformer courses. Based in Melbourne, our school has already helped huge numbers of students to achieve success in the Pilates industry. Do you have what it takes to go from where you are now to becoming a quality practitioner of Clinical Pilates? If you can dream of such a thing, you are already more than half way on your journey towards success, because real achievements are always made by those with the passion to follow their dreams. Students at Breathe Education are united in a common goal of learning to be the best Clinical Pilates instructors in the world. Anyone that would settle for less probably doesn’t have the necessary drive to achieve success. The kind of student who goes on to achieve great things is not the one who says “I want to be a Pilates instructor,” but the one who says “I want to be the best Pilates instructor the world has ever seen.”
Pilates Courses at Breath Education in Melbourne
At the end of your studies with Breathe Education, you will emerge with either a Pilates Certification or a Diploma in Clinical Pilates. These qualifications are recognised throughout the industry, and approved by leading industry bodies such as Exercise & Sport Science Australia (ESSA). Courses are conducted entirely online, allowing you to gain practical skills and deep insight into human physiology as it applies to Pilates instruction. The knowledge you will gain through this training will empower you to be a first class practitioner of Clinical Pilates. You will study a curriculum that is designed to lead you step by step towards your goal. It begins with instruction in anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics, and from there you’ll study topics like pain science, how to teach movement skills, how to modify exercises on the mat and reformer, and how to improvise using household implements so your clients can progress and get stronger, even if they’re working at home. You will also learn important teaching and coaching skills for online and offline, and you will learn how to design Clinical Pilates programs to suit people of different ages and abilities. By studying Clinical Pilates at Breathe Education, you are putting yourself in the best position to achieve success. The staff at Breathe Education is 100% dedicated to supporting you to reach your full potential. As a graduate of a Breathe Education course, you will be recognised as a true professional in Clinical Pilates. …Hide content
Get Out Of Your Rut
If you’ve ever come to a point of teaching 20+ Pilates classes a week, sometimes 5 in a row it’s ridiculous. You’re not teaching quality, you’re teaching quantity. It’s the same thing over and over again it’s a routine.
If you’ve ever thought “I’m done with this I don’t want to be a number anymore” If you just yell out cues, you don’t really know if they’re right you just heard another teacher say it.
This course will get you out of that rut. You’ll build on your existing skills and take your teaching to a whole new level.
This course will seriously open your mind.
This Course Is NOT For You If…
- You want a list of exercises for people with a given condition
- You’re not interested in the “why” of pain, injury, and rehabilitation
- You want a quick, easy and cheap paper qualification
- You don’t want to challenge your own thinking and preconceptions
- You’re not ready to fully commit to becoming the best you possibly can be
This Course IS For You If…
- You’re ready for a full-year, in-depth transformational learning experience
- You want to become a world-class professional with a deep and informed understanding of how the body works
- You want to use your knowledge to help people
- You’re hungry to experience new and more powerful ways of thinking, and to become a truly evidence-based practitioner