All students have the right to appeal decisions made by Breathe Education.
When your assessments are completed you will have the opportunity to discuss your marks with your Trainer and ask for specific feedback.
If at any stage you disagree with the mark you have been given, you are able to appeal the decision.
Here’s what you need to know about making an appeal:
- An appeal must be made in writing and specify the particulars of the decision or finding in dispute.
- Appeals must be submitted to Breathe Education within 28 days of you being issued the decision. You will need to let us know what the outcome was and why you feel it is not appropriate.
- Breathe Education will respond to you within 10 working days of the lodgement of the appeal and endeavour to handle your request.
There will be no cost for this.
If you are not happy with the Breathe Education response to your appeal, you are able to request that an external person review your appeal. You have the option of contacting the Disputes Settlement Centre: http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/disputes
During this process, your enrolment will be maintained and you will be able to continue with the course.
If we find in your favour (that is, we agree your mark should be changed), we will implement that immediately.
Students have the right to appeal all other decisions made by Breathe Education including:
- Deferral, suspension, or cancellation decisions made in relation to the student’s enrolment.
- Decisions made following complaint resolution.
The whole appeal process will be kept in the strictest of confidence.